Voting

Friday, December 23, 2011

Whirlwind

The last four days have been a whirlwind of shopping, wrapping, and enjoying the last few days of this special Christmas season. Our advent calendar has had us drinking (more) hot chocolate, opening new books to read, acting out the nativity scene (pretty sure there is not going to be a future acting career for either of my boys), and making a gingerbread house. I didn't capture each moment because, well, it's hard to always take pictures and be present, ya know? I do my best. Parker and I spent 3 hours on the gingerbread house one morning while Grammy was at Nana's house. We had so much fun together and made a real mess. Tonight is Christmas Eve Eve. We will be camping out around the tree. The boys are stoked. I have no idea how this will work with Graham. Oh well! 'Tis the season for celebration (and sleep deprivation!)


I encourage you all, (as I'm reminding myself) to soak up as much of this time with your family as you can. Try to not let the stress of any hustle bustle, family drama, or failure to accomplish all you wanted steal too much joy from this blessed season. Jesus was born, I have a beautiful family, we are generally healthy...so this truly will be a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My co-worker and I used the same kit to make a gingerbread house to decorate our office. Our gingy house is not as pretty as yours---and may not be edible since we got frustrated with the fondant and used a glue gun to attach some of the gum drops. I am pretty sure this is why we are in medical research and not the decorating or cake making business. However you said that neither boy will be actors---what about architectural engineering. Parker did an amazing job!!

Merry Christmas! You are right, tis the season to be thankful! For unto us a savior is born!!!

Angel

DavidandSteff said...

Ha, Angel! Well, let me first admit there there is a bit of hot glue on our house as well :) The icing wasn't doing the trick. Parker did most of the house but his type A mommy helped guide his creativity for a lot of it-hehe ;) He loved every minute of it. Have a very Merry Christmas!