- Graham goes to bed at 7:00pm. Instead of sleeping until 7:00 am, he woke up at 12:00 am and continued to scream until 3:30 am. (NEVER HAPPENS!)
- Parker wakes up at 3:00 from hearing lil' bro unhappy. Parker pees on himself and has issues until 5:00 am. (NEVER HAPPENS!)
- David and I wake up to start our day at 8:00 after 3 hours of sleep. Yay!
- Bake, to the store, clean, decorate, set up tents, etc.
- Baby Graham takes a good nap and wakes up just in time for the party.
- Everyone begins arriving at 4:30.
- Everyone eats, chats, and has a grand time...until...
- It starts to rain.
- 37 people must pack themselves in my living and dining room.
- I have a mini panic attack. I love people...not in small spaces.
- I regain composure in time to enjoy watching "Pin the Caterpillar."
- Dylan cheats for a tie victory with Brooke. (His mother is competitive, he can't help himself.) It really was the cutest thing ever.
- We play "Parker or Graham?" and realize how much our children really do look alike.
- Birthday Cake time. Though I already knew what the outcome would be, I indulged in the tradition of letting my one year old eat cake. He got a little between his fingers, tasted a bit, and started screaming. He was NOT into cake. I could have told you that.
- Graham and mommy opened presents next...super cute stuff.
- Hung out a while longer and watched Graham snuggle with Mallory.
- Graham tuckered out and went to bed at 7:00.
Thanks to everyone who helped make the day special and memorable for us while we celebrated Graham's first year of life!
My boys loved this book, so I used it as inspiration for Baby Graham's party.
Helping daddy clean before the party starts.
Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate cupcakes with swiss meringue buttercream.
Table packed with all the food from the book. Apples to cherry pie.
Sugar cookie caterpillars too!
Did not want pictures taken.
They did this the whole party. Little love birds.
Socializing going on.
He did not want to eat the cake. Oh well.
Madeline loves her some icing.