Voting

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Homeless Seeds

It's that time of year again...let the gardens begin! I'm in a bit of a pickle this year being that I'm not sure when I am going to get to plant my outdoor garden. We are still trying to get a closing date on our new home, but waiting on the buyers for our current home to close on theirs. This whole home-buying thing is relentless and complicated. We've gotten through inspections, not easily I might add, and appraisals are already complete. Now it's just a waiting game. We should know something from the bank in the next few days as to when we can close and move.  Anyway, despite being unsure when I can transplant the seedlings and where the garden will be positioned in my yard,  I planted. Well, the whole family did. We are suppose to plant in May here in WV, so March seems like a good tome to get everything going in little indoor greenhouses. Parker helped me last year while Graham napped. This year, we all took part in the sowing fun.

Parker planting the seeds last year that turned into a pretty nice harvest. He was only 3. I can't wrap my head around the fact that in 4 months, he'll be five.
 He was super excited to do it again this year. He takes sowing very seriously :)
 Can't believe Graham is old enough to help this year. Last year, all he wanted to do was uproot everything in sight.
 Parker was in charge of the little seeds which included sweet pepper, spinach, and carrots.
 Graham's duty was handling the big seeds which included beans, zucchini, and cucumbers.
My job was to make the holes for the seeds to go in. Such a talent, I am.





 I don't think Graham quite has the concept of a watering pail yet.



Let's hope that by the time these little seeds turn into seedlings and are ready to be planted in the ground, I have a perfect little place for them.

No comments: