This is a delicious muffin or cupcake recipe. Once again, Martha was the genius behind it. She recommended pairing the cupcake with whipped cream and berries, but I prefer using a cream cheese frosting. I'm sure either option is equally heaven.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature
- 2 cups fresh blueberries plus more for garnish (I choose to do a little more than 2 cups in the batter)
What you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is mixed in well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer to low and add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk and beating to combined after each.
- Fold in blueberries by hand.
- Fill each paper muffin liner 3/4 full and bake 25 minutes for standard size and 12-15 minutes for mini.
*My mother-in-law took Graham to a West Virginia blueberry farm to pick the berries I used in this batch. They were so sweet!