Voting

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fishy

One of my projects over the weekend was a last minute cake request from someone who works with my husband. I love to bake. When I try new recipes or just make something for the family, I always send the left overs to work with David so that they are not left here in my home for temptation, if you know what I mean. It's good marketing. I'm one of those bakers that can usually figure out how to make something taste really good after a few trials, but I can't always promise the goods are going to be pretty. Pretty takes practice, or a class. Anyway, I got a inquiry from a lady needing a "tuna fish" cake. Her husband has a nick name from catching a big tuna, so she wanted a cake with a tuna on it for his 40th birthday party. Random, but I like a challenge. This is what I came up with after looking at pictures of blue fin tunas. There were lots of flaws in the finished product, but I was a little short on time and I still have questions as to how to do a few things. Thanks, Jessica, for asking me and for giving me more practice :)




5 comments:

Caimbrin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caimbrin said...

That looks awesome!!

Heidi said...

This is the only tuna that would ever look appetizing to me. I think you've found your niche. You could be WV's one & only fish cake lady. Specializing in tuna cakes. Pure genius.

mattksgirls said...

can i just hire you to decorate my house, plan all my parties & make cute little dresses for c? better start designing your business cards! you have such talent, steff! such an inspiration, but i must admit, i am a little jealous! ;o) love it!

We Don't Eat Bugs said...

uhh, what flaws? Looks amazing to me!