Voting

Friday, July 22, 2011

Dave the Builder...

Can he fix it? YES HE CAN! You are totally lost if you've never watched Disney Playhouse, but I was trying to be funny. There's a show called Bob the Builder and it has a obnoxious lovely theme song. My kids don't like the show, but we see enough of the commercials for it to know the song.

In continuation of making the back/side yard a play area for the boys, we did some searching to find a playhouse for them. I wanted something a little boyish and I didn't really want the plastic-y look either. Just not my thing. I saw one at Sam's club I really liked but by the time we decided to actually buy it, they were sold out in Charleston. It ended up working out thanks to my awesome in-laws who drove to Beckley, WV to pick up one of the last two cedar chateaus they had in their store. Yay!

Poor David. It was quite intimidating when he pulled it out of the box. After a few bad moments putting the bay window together, he did a great job constructing the little Chateau. The boys love it and I think it's adorable. Win Win. David had a little helper.
 Tada! His stance makes me laugh. So Rico Suave.
 Believe it or not, we all four got in it at one point. Very special family bonding experience.
 We use the table for lunch almost every day.
 Isn't the little chateau so quaint?
 Welcome. Pajamas only ;)
 Can you tell what I did to "pretty-up" the house? Before.
 After.
Yes! I added flowers to the flower boxes. I let Parker pick them out.
 Such a sweet touch.
 What kind of amenities does this joint have? Well, it has a kitchen complete with a... stove.
I'd love to say that the boys pretend cook with the dishes I bought them, but I would be lying through my teeth. They laugh hysterically as they throw them out the windows and over the roof. They also like to line them up and beat them like they are drums. I must have forgotten for a minute that I don't have make-believing girls. Their imaginary play comes in the form of running in the house so that T-Rex doesn't get them.
 It also has a sink. One full of dirty dishes. They are getting practice for when they are old enough to clean up after dinner. How old IS that?
 The chateau has great views.
Between the new sandbox and play house, this summer has been a blast outside for the boys. Yay for them and me! Thanks, David, for building it!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I am totally stealing your photo of looking out the window at the trunk of that huge tree.... It will be a great writing prompt for my girls... I bet they write about a dinosaur, from the vantage point of a knight! Awesome photos, and house!

We Don't Eat Bugs said...

Can't wait to see it in person! Great job, Dave!

Tracy said...

That's awesome!!