Voting

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Date Night

An ideal date night includes me trying on a bunch of clothes to find the right outfit, spending time on my hair and make up, and eating high quality food and some place cute. I usually love all the above because on most given days I am a hot mess of a mom with dirt under my nails and wind dried hair with mascara on my lashes if you're lucky. Well, this particular date night, we didn't do the norm. I didn't get dressed up and we didn't scope out a new fancy bistro. Why?

Because I was at the beach and it just brings out the casual in me, and more importantly, it was David's day. Not his birthday, but Father's day. He rocks as a father. Oh sure, he lets his temper get the best of him sometimes and he doesn't do so hot with the kids in the middle of the night, but he is awesome. He is enthusiastic about raising our boys, he pours so much of his energy into them, and he cares enough about them that he continually works on himself so that he can be a better father to his little men. I am so proud of him as a partner and the father of my children.

David spent the whole day enjoying the sand and waves with Parker and Graham and then wanted a quiet evening with me. Nana and Poppy watched the boys so we could have some time just the two of us. We went for a stroll down the boardwalk, ate outside at a Pier restaurant, and topped of the night at a yummy ice cream parlor.

David is ridiculous with the camera. He likes to take pictures of me ordering food apparently. And why do I look like I'm hitchhiking?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

We always eat at Pier 14! Our condo is right behind it. I know it sounds weird since it's a seafood restaurant, but they have excellent Prime Rib! :)