Voting

Friday, January 28, 2011

Parker's Singing Debut

I know that I've already posted something today, but hang on, I'm getting a little wild. There is just something that I feel you cannot wait another minute to see. It's that great. Yeah. Your life will be more full after watching it. Ok, now I'm just getting cocky. I'll stop rambling and tell you.

Since Parker was around 20 months old, we realized that he had an uncanny ability to memorize things. No, I'm not claiming my kid is a genius, I'm just saying he is pretty darn good at storing information. I like to believe he has many higher order thinking skills, but this talent is quite obvious. We have read to Parker since he was born. We noticed at 18-20 months when he first started talking, he would memorize children's books. I'll never forget the fist time we experienced his little memorizing skill. I was reading him one of Sandra Boynton's rhyming books and stopped a minute because something else had caught my attention. Parker then proceeded to finish the book. Not just one page, the whole book. I couldn't believe it. I started pulling out every book on his shelf to see which ones he knew. David and I sat in his bedroom that night amazed. We even busted out songs that we had sung to him since birth to see if he knew them. He did. Many of them. Crazy stuff. (For those of you who have genius children...don't role your eyes..we really were amazed.)

I've said all that to say this. After realizing that he liked to memorize and learn, I thought I'd teach him the 50 states. Why? I don't know. Lol. Really, I just pictured a 2 year old singing it and thought it would be cute. I was totally right. He was soooo cute. I just taught him a few each week and we'd sing the song I learned as a kid while driving in the car. Think I'm weird yet? I never posted it when he was two because it was hard to understand some of the states, but now most of them are pretty clear, though Indiana is still Indy-nana. Enjoy!

6 comments:

mattksgirls said...

Go, Parker! C will need some help learning her states one day!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Awesome! My favorite part is illinor!! Love his little accent

Caimbrin

We Don't Eat Bugs said...

Love it! Ohiiii-OH!

Lauren said...

I am amazed!!!!! Awesome!!

Heidi said...

Love!!!!! He's the cutest thing ever!!!

Carina Deshotels said...

Go Parker and Go mama!!! sooo cute!