Voting

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010

Let me start by saying, Christmas is so much fun with a three year old! We had a great time this year beginning new and carrying on old traditions, teaching Parker about Jesus and His birth, and spending lots of time together as a family.

Though I know the true meaning of Christmas does not exclude adults, obviously, there is just so much more excitement when children are around. I love it.

The boys eating sorbet on Christmas Eve Eve.
 We started a new tradition of sleeping under (around) the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve Eve. Graham didn't participate this year, because I wanted the rest of us to get sleep. He'll join the party next year when he isn't in a crib anymore. Good times. The ordeal got started a little late, but in the future, we plan on watching Christmas movies, eating popcorn and spending the whole night together as a family.
 Parker woke up in the morning asking if we could sleep all together every night. I shut that idea down real quick. It was fun, but one night is enough, if you know what I mean?
 I let him jump on the air mattress. He went nuts.
 We went went to Nana and Poppy's house on Christmas Eve for soup, deserts, and presents!

 When we got home, we had to bake cookies for Santa. Parker did it all by himself this year. I'm sure Santa was thankful.


 Parker had to make sure the reindeer could find our house, so he sprinkled oats and glitter.
 Reading the Christmas story before bed. He still has a hard time grasping that baby Jesus is God. Shoot, I still have a hard time understanding the concept. Hello, faith.
 The boys building the train set after Parker went to bed. It took nearly 3 hours. Lesson: don't wait until the night before Christmas to build something with 52 billion parts. Y'all did and great job, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. I just kept picturing Parker coming out and seeing it. Glad that didn't happen.
 Completed and wrapped. Yes, I ran out of paper half way through.
 Ready for Christmas Morning.
 After they opened their train set, it was hard to get a picture. Parker was so excited. He just kept saying, "This is exactly what I wanted." Too funny. Graham was semi-hyperventilating. It was hysterical. He kept moving his feet up and down and chattering. He has never done that before. We have it on video and I can't wait to watch his reaction for years to come.
 Basketball from Uncle Jeremy. Big hit.
 Reading a Thomas book.
 David and I got an X-box Kinect. Wow. Total entertainment and exercise. Love it.
 Graham kept stealing my money. Might start using him as a pick pocket.
 Christmas family shot.

 It was nice to have my mom and dad here with us on such a special holiday.
 Parker enjoying the Kinect. It is beyond funny to watch him figure this thing out.
 Best buds, or at least working on it.
We are so blessed. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So fun. We enjoyed Christmas this year, but I know it will be even better as Lincoln gets older. Love the last pic with the two boys. They're so sweet.

Lauren said...

Stephanie, so sweet!! Y’all made Christmas SO special for your boys’!! :)

Kelly Pearce said...

So sweet! I love all the family traditions and even at 29 years old I still like to do them when I am at home...
Quick question... what is a XBOX kinect? I keep seeing them but don't get the Kinect part....

DavidandSteff said...

Kelly,
Essentially Kinect is a super-web cam that monitors 45 points on your body to allow you to be the "remote". You become the Avitar and it moves as you are moving. It's really a crazy thing. We love it. You have to already have an x-box 360 and it just connects to it.

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was such a special and precious Christmas! Those photos give such great snidbits of the wonderful time I am sure was had. I loved reading (and seeing) all about it. :)