Voting

Monday, January 3, 2011

Beautiful Ugliness

I'm not really in the mood to write this morning, but I have so many things I want to document and share. Predicament, indeed. The past two weeks have been exhausting, exciting, fun beyond words, and overwhelming at times. I wanted to relax and soak in every minute of the holidays because my kids are growing up so fast, but at the same time, I have the tendency to get high strung because I want things to be "just right." I wish there was a "balance" button I could push to automatically put my life in the correct perspective and equilibrium. Since I don't have such a nifty option, I do my best to make the holidays memorable and celebratory while not getting too psycho. I somewhat succeeded this time :)

The first of our holiday events was the Ugly Sweater Party. So much fun. We usually do a party where we get to dress up and look pretty, but I wasn't feeling it this year. It seemed more fun to go find something hideous that I'd never wear. I was right. It was more fun. Though so many others have already been there, done that when it comes to ugly Christmas sweaters, I had never and I wanted my chance. What a hoot.
 My husband won the best dressed guy as you can see why.
  
My little sis took home the girl prize. I swear it was rigged.
For desert, I made a dark chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream frosting. Favorite thing in the kitchen this season? Gold sprinkles. 

Look who got caught eating before the party. I specifically told him to stay out of the cheese ball. 
Another terrible, but oh so yummy party food. Coconut shrimp. I had never made them before, but they really were delish. Next time I feel like consuming bookoos of calorires, I'll be making them again. I'm not a huge fried food fan, but these babies hit the spot, not to mention the pineapple dipping sauce. I'll post the recipe sometime soon for those of you who aren't too righteous to indulge in them at a party.
 Thank you to all of the young adults who allow David and I to serve you. You really are a blessing to us and we love the time we get to spend with you. May God bless each one of you this year as you faithfully serve Him.

2 comments:

Ashlee D said...

Thanks ffor the post

Ashlee D said...

Greatt blog you have