Voting

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Silver Springs

What's the point of going to Florida if you don't enjoy water? I feel like all of my childhood activities centered around water. The beach. The springs. The lakes. The list goes on. Florida's natural beauty is unique and I sooooo miss it. While we were sitting around my parents house trying to decide what to do one of our free days, Silver Springs came to my mind. When I was a kid, I remember thinking that the place was completely lame and boring. Not sure why this was my view, but we decided to take the boys and go check it out. Best decision ever. We had such a  good day and Parker absolutely loved the animals. It's similar to a zoo except that everything seemed much more close and personal. Plus, did I mention there was hardly anyone there since school isn't out yet and we went on a weekday? We basically had the whole park to ourselves.

Parker loved all the gators. Personally, I find them creepy.
Baby Graham after getting greased up with sunscreen.
Parker's reaction to the massive gator. It could have swallowed him whole.
I was really having to trust this glass. Parker kissed the gator on the nose.
The best moment of the day was when the boys got to feed the giraffe. You get these graham cracker looking wafers and just hold them up. The giraffe nibbled the food right out of the boys' hands.
What's Silver Springs without the glass bottom boat?
I totally recommend this place now, especially for families with small children. We loved it. My only regret: not jumping in the water at the springs. Well, maybe not...those gators were big.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parker's face was priceless when he saw the massive thing! This sounds like such a fun event. The boys look like they had a blast!

I've always wanted to see a giraffe in person. It's one of the things on my bucket-list. Maybe one day!

Heidi said...

Kinda makes me wanna take a ride on a glass bottom boat! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

It does look like a really neat place. The giraffe part is super cool! And could Graham be any cuter these days? Parker is super cute as well- you can tell he likes the camera like his mommy! Great work on making adorable kids.

Lynsey

We Don't Eat Bugs said...

I want to go!! And your hair is amazing. Not that it wasn't these past couple days... but you know what I mean. :)

The Ness Story said...

I don't think I have even ever been there. Glad yall got to have such a fun trip and all be together so much!

Lauren said...

I so remember going to Silver Springs a ton in Elementary school for field trips!! Haven’t been there in years!! Looks like a fabulous time ya’ll had :)