Back to the Greek Chicken Pasta. You will love this dish if you like Greek food and a lemony flavor. I recommend using whole wheat pasta, but for those of you who don't like the distinct flavor of whole wheat, use multi-grain. It too has much more fiber than white pasta and there are many varieties that add in omega-3's.
- 3/4 to 1 pd of pasta (I like using shells for this one but others would be fine too)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed/minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 to 1 pd of boneless chicken breast meat cut into bite size pieces. We buy organic, so we try to stretch our meat and 1/2 pound worked fine. If you want more protein, use closer to a pound.
- 1 (14 oz) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (use 3/4 while cooking and 1/4 on top)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (dried works too)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemon wedges for garnish
2.Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink...you don't want it beginning to brown, but you want it thoroughly cooked. About 5-6 minutes.
3.Reduce heat to medium-low; add in artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsely, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Stir until heated through. About 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and garnish with lemon wedges and extra feta cheese on top.
Simple, Easy, Fast, Yum yum!!