Voting

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

a little bit of this and that

We move in 2 days!!!! Last time we moved three years ago, I had a 20 month old and was pregnant. I was tired and nauseous. Not fun. This time is much better in terms of how I feel, but now there are two little boys needing my attention while I am trying to pull off the move-in-one-day event. Needless to say, my house is crazy right now. Parker keeps tabs on any of his toys I pack up like he'll never see the again (some he might not) and Graham keeps asking why I'm packing. Here are two examples of conversations we've had recently:

Graham: Why are you puttin all our stuff in dat box?
Me: Because we are moving on Friday.
Graham: Today is Friday.
Me: No, Graham. Today is Wednesday.
Graham: No it not.
Me: Whatever

Graham: Was dat Pawpaw on da phone?
Me: Yes. He's might come to help us move.
Graham: Cus Pawpaw is strong and he can lift the house.
Me: No, Graham. We aren't moving the house. We are moving ourselves and stuff to a new house.  
Graham: today?
Me: No, Graham, on Friday.
Graham: Today is Friday.
Me: No, Graham. Today is Wednesday.
Graham: No it not.
Me: Whatever

You get the point. Graham never (ever ever ever ever ever) stops talking and asking questions. Right now, he's struggling with the concept of a new house. He'll learn soon. On Friday.

Switching topics. Last week, we headed to Miami, Florida for one of my lifelong friend's wedding. Sheena Howell, the beautiful bride, and I have been friends for 24 years. That's rare and really special.
 We drove all the way from Charleston to Miami in one day. Sixteen hours to be exact. Long daddy time in a car. It was actually not too bad. Without the children in tow, the car was quiet and spacious. I even crawled in the back for a nap at one point. Do you remember when we use to be able to do that? Amazing. David and I talked without interruption and really worked out a few little marital issues. Yeah, we still have a few of those :) I think every couple should be forced to take a 16 hour car ride together. You are able to communicate without distractions. I think we only had one argument the whole way down. Score. It was so nice to have time to ourselves. Sometimes I forget how much fun David is and how much fun I can be ;) We felt like we were 18 again...free of responsibility. Kind of nice to have a little break from real life.

The weekend through my iPhone lens.

 Pitt stop on the way down.
 Brunch with the girls on Friday.
 Rehearsal dinner. Yum.
 Two crazy kids. Still in love :) I know it may sounds weird, but I kind if feel like we are celebrating our marriage a little bit when we go to other people's weddings. I don't know why, but it just brings up the memories and the fact that we are stronger than ever 8 years into it.
Getting all gussied up.
 Stunning bride, huh?
 Her dress was phenomenal.
 A little sweaty after getting our dance on.
After the hairpins came out. 

The wedding was gorgeous and Bobby and Sheena are the perfect couple. The whole entire weekend was a blast. I discovered that I wish I were born Persian. Bobby's family really knows how to have a party! So much fun. Thanks Sheena and Bobby for such a fabulous weekend! I am so happy for both of you. Can't wait to see you again. 

Next time I post something, it'll be from my new house! Woo-hoo! Back to packing. Blah.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still in shock that you said "whatever" to your baby!!! It made me laugh a little bit.


Missing you guys at the gym,

Angel